[pmwiki-users] RecipeUpdates...

IchBin weconsul at ptd.net
Thu Feb 15 13:36:18 CST 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 11:30:30AM -0500, IchBin wrote:
>> Thanks Patrick...
>>
>> I also noticed when I run recipeupdates on my local site all works.
>> When I run it off of my hosting site it does not work.
>>
>> My local website:
>> http://localhost/ftp.prophp.us/?action=recipeupdates
>>
>> My website:
>> http://weconsultants.prophp.org/?action=recipeupdates
>
> I suspect your hosting site has allow_url_fopen turned off.
> I've now updated recipeupdates.php to provide a more useful
> error message when this occurs.
>
> You might try installing this new version of recipeupdates.php
> and see if you get the error message.
>
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RecipeUpdates
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pm

Yea, they have it turned off looking at their phpinfo and you code
displays the problem.

Guess I should have taken note of the thread earlier today you where
having with marc about using curl instead of url_fopen...

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA   http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com