[pmwiki-users] detecting minor edit

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 13 14:30:50 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 06:50:39PM +0100, sgp wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > So, what you really want to use for your (:pagelist:)
> > command is (all one line):
> >
> >     (:pagelist trail=News.RecentChanges
> >        name=-News,-*Sandbox*,-*SideBar*,-*RightBar* list=normal
> >        count=20 fmt=simple:)
> >
> > This says to obtain the list of pages to display from
> > the News.RecentChanges trail, and use the order they appear
> > in that trail.  And with the local/config.php lines you have,
> > News.RecentChanges won't be updated on a minor edit.
>
> Yes, but the name filter doesn't seem to be applied at all,
> I need to filter out News.News, News.Feed, etc.

Oh.  The 2.1.27 version of PmWiki doesn't apply the name= filter
to trails in pagelists, but 2.2.0 does.  You might try upgrading
to the latest 2.2.0-beta.

Or, if you really want to stick with 2.1.27, then one can
provide a custom list= parameter that filters out any pages you
don't want.   Then the pagelist command would be

    (:pagelist trail=News.RecentChanges list=news count=20 fmt=simple:)