[pmwiki-users] pmwiki links and markdown links (I can't come up with a good subject line)

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Mon Feb 12 15:16:41 CST 2007

I'm playing around with one of the Markdown recipes and I'm
thinking of how to use links, I would like to be able to refer
to specific pages using the normal syntax (I'm not going to use
Markdown everywhere). In other words, I would like to be able to
write something like this:

# Just a short test

I would like to write a [pmwiki link](SomeGroup.SomePage) and
make it refer to the correct page. [Other way][ow] of writing this
link

[ow]: SomeGroup.SomePage

and get the result linked to the SomeGroup.SomePage page. If I
run the above through Markdown I get:

<h1>Just a short test</h1>
link</a> and
    make it refer to the correct page. <a
href="SomeGroup.SomePage">Other way</a> of writing this
    link

Which of course doesn't result in a link to the correct page.
Since I've installed pmwiki at the root of a domain and use
clean url it's possible to get this to work by writing the links
as "/SomeGroup.SomePage".

However, this would make it difficult to move the site in the
future if it becomes necessary.

So my question is, is there some simple (note "simple", please
don't spend too much time on this) way of making it possible to
use "SomeGroup.SomePage" links to work.

                 jem