[pmwiki-users] Page List Degrades Performance

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Feb 1 23:25:32 CST 2007

Our wiki main wiki is slowly growing still a baby by most standards:
just 1000 files or so in about 30 different groups.

But even with so few files, the following pagelists
option pull down navigation menus in Site.SideBar are
are seriously degrading performance, ...
if I remove them the site "snaps back"
to zippy.. fairly zippy (using Fix Flow Skin)

Any optimization suggestions?

I understand the option to keep all groups in folders may help,
So I will do that-- All our files are now on the top level of wiki.d.

Anything else we do for speed? I could move these to a
single "navigation" page, and link to that page
and just keep the "hot projects" on the side bar

but it's really "sweet" to have global navigation like this,
available everywhere at all times.

'''Team'''
[[HAP/The Team]]
(:input form:)
(:select+ team:)
(:option :)Go Team
(:pagelist group=Team name=-RecentChanges fmt="#selectlistpages":)
(:selectend:)
(:input end:)

'''All Projects:'''
(:input form:)
(:select+ project:)
(:option :)Go Project
(:pagelist group=-Pmwiki,-Site,-Team,-TODO*,-XToDo* name=-RecentChanges
fmt="#selectlistgroups":)
(:selectend:)
(:input end:)

--
Om shanti
(In  Peace)

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/