[pmwiki-users] Fox - allow posting directives for editors only

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 03:24:12 CST 2007

Wednesday, December 12, 2007, 8:59:59 AM, mwowm at mail.com wrote:

> Is it possible to configure fox.php to allow only those
> with edit privileges to post directives?

Fox got a variable one cane set in a local config file:
$EnablePostDirectives. It is et to false by default to disallow
posting of directives of form (:....:)
To allow this for edit privilege, set in config.php:

if (CondAuth($pagename,'edit'))
   $EnablePostDirectives = true;

> Another question, sort of related: I experimented with a
> workaround to the above problem by creating a file named
> "altfox.php", ......

I don't see any problem with that, as long as you are consistent.
All functions need a unique name.
You need to be careful with the markup definitions, if they should be
true alternatives as well.

  ~Hans