[pmwiki-users] more on trying to run a farm using PHP safe_mode

Shi Sherebrin pmwiki at share-a-brain.com
Tue Aug 21 12:20:51 CDT 2007

ok, so a bit more digging has shown that at least two functions used in
scripts/skins.php, namely isdir() and opendir() (and presumably many
more down the road), are not allowed to run on folders or files with
different UIDs, despite the fact that I have the parent folder specified
in safe_mode_include_dir - I guess that parameter only allows includes,
not running of any other functions.

So does anyone have any ideas how it might be possible to run a farm in
safe_mode for a number of different hosting clients with different UIDs?

Perhaps some magical php.ini (suPHP) settings which I haven't found?

thanks,
Shi.