[pmwiki-users] Page still blank in edit mode

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sun Aug 19 21:28:30 CDT 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007, Dawa wrote:
> Hi Petko
>
> 2007/8/18, Petko Yotov <5ko at free.fr>:
> > Did you also hag upgraded your PHP installation? In that case, see this
> > message and thread at the mailing list:
> >   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/40297
>
> My site works perfectly until my webhost have upgraded his servers but
> not to php 5.
>
> > Otherwise, maybe you can post the contents of your farmconfig.php and
> > config.php? What recipes and what settings have you installed?
> >
> > Also, show us your site, and set in config.php the line:
> >
> >    $EnableDiag = 1;
> >
> > This will enable PmWiki's diagnostic tools and we can have a look and try
> > to locate the problem. An edit permission is also a good idea.
>
> Ok I've setup EnableDiag so you can use the action=diag and action=phpinfo

Hi. I looked at the site and could not find the problem. Such blank page
happens, as Peter K.H. Gragert said in a parallel message, when there is a
call to an unrecognized function, preceded by "@" (which means "suppress any
error messages by this function"). This may happen if a script expects a
native php function to be available, and it isn't (php compiled without, or
function disabled by safe mode), or a user written function that should be
there but isn't (file not included?). I don't know for sure.

What I can suggest is to install a new, clean, independent pmwiki in another
directory of this site, and see if editing works,
* without passwords and
* with passwords (set the standard page password by calling Page?action=attr).

Don't install AuthUser or UserAuth yet, nor any other recipes.

1. It may be a session problem (pmwiki tries to write session files in a
write-protected or non existant directory) but in that case it should issue a
warning message.

2. If it still doesn't work, if you cannot edit, the problem is with PmWiki
and I hope that Patrick could look into this one.

3. If it works, if you can edit pages without passwords, and also with
passwords, then the problem is in one of the recipes that you installed on
the main site. You should:

   * Install the same skin, test if editing works (if yes, skin is OK).
   * Install one recipe, test if editing works (if yes, this recipe is OK).
   * Install another recipe, test, etc.

When you find the recipe with which the editing doesn't work and you get a
blank page, tell us, and/or try to contact the maintainer of the recipe.

Thanks,
Petko

P.S. I was able to see the site for a while, but now it enters an infinite
redirect loop. I hope it's temporary.