[pmwiki-users] Help! :-( Form Data Being Posted 2-3 times

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Tue Aug 7 14:47:17 CDT 2007

Hi, Sivakatirswami.  It sounds like you've found some good evidence for
the PmWiki upgrade causing the glitches on your site.  However, looking
over the parts of your form you posted, this is what caught my eye:

Sivakatirswami wrote:
> (:input hidden returnpage "{$FullName}":)

If this is in your GroupFooter (or any other included page), that should
be {*$FullName} (assuming you haven't set $EnableRelativePageVars = 0).
  I don't know that that's related to your problem, but it jumped out at me.

>  Ben... I didn't know what IMS caching is.. I will look it up tomorrow...

Look no farther than your config.php (or the sample-config.php that
comes in the docs directory).  Again, it probably won't solve your
problem, but it's something to try.

> but then if I go away to some other page
> and come back. Now I see two of them...
> Note if I enable $PageListCacheDir on submit, the pagelist
> at the top of the page *does not* appear showing the newly
> created page.... I have to go to some other URL and come back
> and now two instances appears... this all points to PMwiki caching
> issues....

You know, actually what it reminds me of is what happens when you use
ZAP's login snippet as a replacement for AuthUser's login page.  For
some reason, the first page you view after logging in doesn't get the
proverbial memo: ZAP reports that you're logged in, but all the
conditionals -- (:if authid foo:), etc. -- indicate that you're not,
presumably because ZAP is doing its thing after the conditionals are
already evaluated.  Using a (:zap nextpage:) fixes the problem.  So I
wonder if maybe you should try using a (:zap nextpage="{*$FullName}":)
(even though in my last message I thought that was the problem) and see
if that fixes what otherwise looks like a caching issue.

Of course that wouldn't address the problems you're having with "Save
and Edit."  That really does sound like a PmWiki problem.  But the way
to be sure would be to turn off ZAP and see if the "Save and Edit"
problem persists.

Just a thought: when you upgraded, did you use Subversion, or did you
download a fresh install and copy all the files manually?

Best of luck.  --Ben