[pmwiki-users] Hg pattern error

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Apr 26 03:50:54 CDT 2007

On 4/25/07, the Other michael <xraysmalevich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried installing Hierarchical groups
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Hg), but a pattern error(?)
> appears at the bottom of every page in the navigation:

> you can see it live at http://www.xradiograph.com/wrottings/Wrottings/Wrottings
>
> I have a number of other recipes installed, but turning them off made
> no difference.

Very strange.  I'm presuming when you turn off Hg it disappears?  Hg does use:

Markup('[[hg','<var','/\\[\\[([\\-|\\*|\\^]+)(.*?)\\]\\]/e',
'hgLinks1("$1","$2")');

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing it.  Pm frequently uses
pat= so I presume Hg is breaking something unusual you are using in
PmWiki.  Or likely something in your skin. Have you tried a different
skin yet?

Also you might try the Cluster recipe and see if it does the same
thing--though it uses the same pattern exactly.

Cheers,
Dan

PS.  I just checked and it disappears when you do action=print so it
must be something in your skin. What skin are you using?  And does it
have any special syntax or markup that might be interfering?