[pmwiki-users] ZAP and "fun with forms"

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Apr 20 11:12:02 CDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2007, at 5:39 AM, The Editor wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if Pm, or any current ZAP users have input on the
> > direction ZAP should pursue?
>
> I like to think I know Patrick, and IMO I think you should sit back
> and watch (and comment) and wait to do ANYTHING at all (even planning
> how to change ZAP) until all the dust settles.
>
> If it looks like something he's doing will break your forms, raise
> your hand and say something.
>
> Until that point, just give input on what he's doing.  He almost
> always makes big bunches of changes and if you panic at every change
> and only think about ZAP, you'll be spending a lot of time stressing
> out.
>
> :)
>
> Crisses

You're right Crisses!  My first reaction was to try and assess the
impact on ZAP.  And then second to see if ZAP couldn't be strengthened
using PmWiki's new functionality.

But I'm not sure Pm's work will do much of either. There are already
other recipes both for resetting PTV's and inserting comments (written
by better programmers than me), so the main advantage of ZAP is still
its various extended functions which make many complex applications a
bit easier.

And while there may be a way to try and integrate ZAP into the new
core functionality, for various reasons it may not be advisable
(security implications, primarily).

To be honest, I have other projects I'm working on now (like my own
"real" site) which I still haven't finished upgrading!  Perhaps when
PmWiki comes out of Beta, and ZAP gets polished off as well, I'll take
a good long siesta and try just enjoying my work for awhile!

Cheers,
Dan