[pmwiki-users] Summary lines in cookbook recipe info

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:00:07 CDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, the Other michael wrote:

> What PM said about pages for recipes, yes.
>
> But... why does everybody seem to want to stick EVERYTHING into the cookbook?
>
> If only there was some way to rapidly create web-content that was
> organised into sub-groups.....
>
> Christian has been very good with his EMacsModes group:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/EmacsModes/EmacsModes

Thanks for the compliment. We should emphasize that the structure is that
there is both a recipe page

 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EmacsPmWikiMode

as well as a separate group related to this specific thing:

 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/EmacsModes/EmacsModes

In hindsight, and given that we don't have hierarchical groups, perhaps I
should have placed the pages in a group called:

 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/CookbookEmacsModes/CookbookEmacsModes

instead. In my case, the question is moot question as we're migrating to

 	http://pmwiki-mode.sourceforge.net/wiki/

> Does anybody else do this? Is it possible that the formality and desire
> to keep things (Cookbook) clean (see below) intimidate others?

I think others have used separate groups??

/Christian