[pmwiki-users] OT: Graphics and Embedded Fonts

Carlos Randolph macnlos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:36:10 CDT 2007

When creating graphics you should keep them in a format this readable by all
of your graphics programs and is scalable.  For example all of my imagery is
created and saved in Postscript format (.ps).  This format can be resized up
and down without compromising the image.  If I need the image for a website
I open up the .PS format file and then save it as a .png/.jpg/.gif and in
whatever size/resolution I need.

If you create your image in a non-scalable format then you are stuck with
whatever resolution you create it in as the maximum size.  I re-create a lot
of old computer bitmap images which by nature are pixelated.  I draw them on
pixel at a time but same it in a scalable format.  This means I can take the
base image of 8x8 pixels and scale to 8000x8000 and it looks the same (just
larger).

CR