[pmwiki-users] Adding something like '?action=version'? (Was: Version of Pmwiki)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 02:44:56 CDT 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Petko Yotov wrote:

>> How do I check the version of pm I am running?
>
> Put {$Version} in some wiki page.

I've used that now and then, and it is a bit annoying to have to edit a
wiki page in order to do it. The page

 	http://wiki.lyx.org/PmWiki/PmWiki

does reveal what version is used, but I never remember to look at that
page - maybe because the information is not very visible.

We could add a dedicated page to the PmWiki/-pages that says what version
is running, e.g. the page

 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Version

which I just created to illustrate this.

Another alternative is to have a special action that returns the version,
possibly with other information. It'd be similar to 'action=diag', but
with less information (and enabled by default). If the name of the action
could be for instance

 	?action=PmWiki-version

Another way could be to have an action that returns the value of a
variable, i.e. the call would be

 	?action=variable&v=Version

The reason I mention this latter alternative is that it might be useful
for an external application such as 'pmwiki-mode'.

These are all just loose ideas that I thought I'd throw to the list before
I forget them.

Best regards
/Christian