[pmwiki-users] extra guidelines for recipe publishing

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 10 03:05:43 CDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Tuesday, April 10, 2007, 8:28:34 AM, H. wrote:
>
> > It's a somewhat clumsy way of saying "install a recipe by copying in
> > the same manner as you would when upgrading to a new version of
> > PmWiki".  With that in mind, the administrator could also use FTP to
> > easily install / upgrade the recipe (unzip on desktop, then drag/drop
> > over to the server).
>
> Thank you. I prefer drag-dropping so far, and have been using Winzip
> to zip a folder plus subfolder, thereby preserving path information,
> for easy unzipping.
>
> Hagan, I noticed on the ModuleGuidelines page that you mention for
> your simpler method, that an admin will just need to remove two
> folders, i.e. package folder in cookbook/ and in pub/, plus remove one
> include_once line from config.php. But in the sample you give you have
> a package.php file in cookbook/ and outside the cookbook/package/
> subdirectory. Which means another file is to be removed. Is this your
> preferred suggestion, or having the package.php inside the
> cookbook/package/ directory? I am just curious, and found your comment
> in slight contradiction to the example you give.

I just noticed that, too.  :-)

Yes it's my preferred suggestion to have the single package.php file
in cookbook/ along with the directory.  That makes the line in
config.php similar to that of a typical one-file-only recipe.

Removing the file upon uninstallation is not too difficult.  Leaving
it there won't cause much harm, either.  I think most administrators
will easily recognize that the file and directory belong together.

> For an easy way of
> zipping the package files it is preferable to have the package.php
> inside its own cookbook/package folder, I think.

Whatever people think is best is fine with me.  IIRC my main concern
was keeping the line in config.php consistent among recipes with or
without a directory, which makes installation a small bit easier (at
the expense of complicating uninstallation slightly for recipes with
directories).

Hagan