[pmwiki-users] extra guidelines for recipe publishing

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 02:37:10 CDT 2007

Tuesday, April 10, 2007, 8:28:34 AM, H. wrote:

> It's a somewhat clumsy way of saying "install a recipe by copying in
> the same manner as you would when upgrading to a new version of
> PmWiki".  With that in mind, the administrator could also use FTP to
> easily install / upgrade the recipe (unzip on desktop, then drag/drop
> over to the server).

Thank you. I prefer drag-dropping so far, and have been using Winzip
to zip a folder plus subfolder, thereby preserving path information,
for easy unzipping.

Hagan, I noticed on the ModuleGuidelines page that you mention for
your simpler method, that an admin will just need to remove two
folders, i.e. package folder in cookbook/ and in pub/, plus remove one
include_once line from config.php. But in the sample you give you have
a package.php file in cookbook/ and outside the cookbook/package/
subdirectory. Which means another file is to be removed. Is this your
preferred suggestion, or having the package.php inside the
cookbook/package/ directory? I am just curious, and found your comment
in slight contradiction to the example you give. For an easy way of
zipping the package files it is preferable to have the package.php
inside its own cookbook/package folder, I think.

  ~Hans