[pmwiki-users] Installation Problems

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 2 20:32:04 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 04:27:00PM -0700, Venkat Manoj wrote:
>    Hello All,
>
>    I am trying to install PmWiki on the account given to me at school. The
>    solaris server has php installed. When I follow the installation
>    instructions and type the url
>    (http://univname.edu/~usrname/pmwiki/pmwiki.php), I get the following
>    error
>

>    Warning: main(/home/(username)/public_html/pmwiki/scripts/stdconfig.php)
>    [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in
>    /home/(username)/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 305

It sounds to me as though the scripts or the scripts/ directory
were installed such that the webserver doesn't have read permission
to them.  Make sure that the scripts/ directory has execute permission
for "other" and that all of the files in scripts/ have read permission
for "other".

Or, try starting over and unpacking the archive after executing
the command

    umask 022