[pmwiki-users] newbie installation trouble

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 09:02:51 CDT 2006

On 9/28/06, potax flan <potaxpotax at gmail.com> wrote:
> i just tried editing the index.php by clicking on the "edit" link in
> the footer and nothing really happens. it redirects me to
> XXXXX/index.php?n=Main.HomePage?action=edit
> but i cant really edit nothing there. i guess its something about permissions?
> sorry if this is very obvious!

Is this installation publicly viewable?  Can you send a URI?

With a PmWiki installation, the index.php is NOT the thing that is
displayed on the web.  The index.php should really just point to
PmWiki.php and that's it -- it doesn't get edited after that.

The Main/HomePage is the usual starting point for someone coming to
the site, and it's a file in the wiki.d directory.  It gets edited
from within the wiki itself.

Much of how each wiki operates is controled by settings you establish
in the config.php file, which is typically located in the local
directory.  That's where you would set your passwords.

Does that help, at all?