[pmwiki-users] Use PmWiki for Blog and Gallery
mike at widowitz.com
Wed Sep 27 15:44:19 CDT 2006
Stefan Schimanski wrote on 25.09.2006 16:56:
> Hey Mike!
> For Blog stuff: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BlogSimple2
> For commenting: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBoxPlus
> For gallery: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiGallery
> That's more or less all that I used for http://1stein.org
I did a basic setup of BlogSimple2, and it seems to work. However it
seems to be not very fully documented and thus a bit hard to understand
for me. Do I understand the work flow for a blog correctly?
* Create a page with the blog entry under a "reasonable" wiki page name,
* Include the tag [[Blog]] somewhere in that page
* Have a "blog index" page which is a clever pagelist that collects all
the blog-related pages
My next step would now be to customize this blog index page. Obviously
this has to go via a configuration of the pagelist. But how? Some things
that come to my mind:
* Get rid of the "Edit" link next to the blog entry title
* Change layout of blog entry titles, or actually make the whole layout
* Get full titles, e.g. don't write "HolidayExperiences" or "Holiday
Experiences" but rather "My cool experiences from my holidays" - I've
seen at your page that it's possible...
* Use tags for blog entries to categorize them into stuff like "News",
"Pics", "Holiday", "Tech" etc...
More information about the pmwiki-users