[pmwiki-users] CleanUrls

Mike mike at widowitz.com
Wed Sep 27 14:27:42 CDT 2006

Hello all,

one question on the CleanUrls recipe: I set it up using the Apache
RewriteRules as shown so that my pmwiki appears to be executed from the
server root. Unfortunately, I have a folder in the root called "_admin"
which I need to be able to access in spite of the PmWiki RewriteRules.
Could somebody kindly tell me how to adapt the RewriteRules so that this
folder "_admin" gets excluded from the following rules?

Thanks!
Mike

That's what I used:

      Example Two: /.htaccess/ in the Directory Above the Wiki's Directory

Before: http://www.example.com/~someuser/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage
 After: http://www.example.com/~someuser/Main/HomePage

Here's the /.htaccess/ file. In this example it goes in the directory
/above/ the one that contains /pmwiki.php/.

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# Define the rewrite base.  It's not necessarily PmWiki's directory.
RewriteBase /~someuser
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]