[pmwiki-users] Tracking

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 26 07:21:16 CDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:03:32AM +0300, Mark Trumpold wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to pmwiki and I am loving it. My students love it.
>
> 1. How do I track traffic to my wiki that is hosted on my website

A standard log analyzer on the webserver should work.  Several
sites, including pmwiki.org, have been using Google Analytics
(http://www.google.com/analytics,
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GoogleAnalytics).

Also, I haven't used it myself, but some people have reported
success with http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TotalCounter .

> 2. How do I set it up to track IP addreses of editors

PmWiki already maintains a history of the IP addresses for each
edit; there's not really a built-in feature to get at this information
except through the page history.  Try looking at a page's
history, and hover the mouse pointer over an author's name to
see the IP address.

> 3. How do I put a discussion page for the editors before they
> make major edits

Are you asking for a "draft" capability (i.e., editing pages before
publishing them) or for the ability to have separate discussion
pages?

> PS I hope that pmwiki will live on and not just stop like some of the
> others!!!

Me too.  :-)