[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 22 08:14:57 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 04:30:16PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> Is there any intention / interest / value in at some point
> offering a flavour of PmWiki that supports the proposed Creole
> wiki markup standard?
>
> See http://www.wikicreole.org/wiki/Creole0.1
>
> At this stage it's hard to know how much traction Creole will
> get. It looks to me as if it could be implemented as a
> replacement stdmarkp.php file. Some people may prefer to use
> a lightweight markup that has a measure of formal acceptance.

It looks to me as though it would be possible for the Creole
markups to be added "on top of" the standard markups.  Thus,
we could come up with a creole.php file that works independently
of stdmarkup.php, so that a site could be PmWiki only, Creole only,
or the two mixed together.

But my experience has been that authors are quickly frustrated
by lightweight markups when they reach the limits of the markup.