[pmwiki-users] Simple markup question...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Sep 20 11:38:02 CDT 2006

Oops meant to send this to the list...

On 9/20/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> In other words, you want to replace {$FieldName} by its contents
> but not process any other markup that comes in as a result.

exactly

> PmWiki doesn't have anything like that built-in, you'll have to
> have some custom code to do it.  Which means that you either need
> a custom markup that means "replace page variables but Keep() the
> results", or a custom page variables that return text as escaped
> values using Keep().

I prefer the first option.  The second one won't work really for other reasons.

I  tried using the [= =] rule as a basis for a keep rule, and changed
the timing of it.  My thought was it it's processed immediately after
the page variables it should protect the result from any processing
that comes after.

          "PreserveText('$2', PSS('$3'), '$1')");

My problem was getting the expression matching to work match (:keep
{$var} or text:).
(Of course the {$var should be text at this point).  Way to complex
for me!  Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Caveman