[pmwiki-users] Bibliographies

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 20:58:58 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 01:44:25PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> On Friday, 8 September 2006 12:39 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 11:31:47AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> >> [1] this was why I thought it needed an anchor for each reference,
> >>     but if it uses bibtex markup, rather than wiki markup, an anchor
> >>     is not needed -- I think it's an open question whether to use
> >>     bibtex or wiki markup for the wiki page:
> >
> >It would be really nice if it used both.
>
> I *think* $Compat1x + a modified compat1x.php may solve this:
>
> - set up $Compat1x['/bibtexmarkuprule'] = 'pmwiki equivalent';
>
> - if the page is in bibtex markup, run the converter left to
>   right when the page is displayed in ?action=browse
>
> - if the page is in wiki markup, run the converter right to
>   left when the page is ?action=source for export as bib

Given that I'm not familiar with bibtexmarkup, I need to look
at it.  But I was thinking it wouldn't seem to be at all
difficult to write markup rules for bibtex and wiki markup that
could coexist.  (But at this point I'm definitely speaking out
of place, since I haven't looked at bibtex, bibtexmarkup, the
bibtexmarkup recipe, etc. etc.)

> >>     My vote would have been for <!--XMLHeader--> and
> >>     <!--XMLFooter-->.  [...]
> >
> >However, I'll be happy to add <!--XMLHeader--> and <!--XMLFooter-->
> >as aliases for the HTML coverup if it makes you feel better.
> >:-) :-)
> >
> Yes, please.
>
> That would make the wikipublisher xml templates less confusing.
> Since the .tmpl files contain no html tags, and the opening line
> identifies them as xml documents, it will look odd if they
> contain <!--HTMLHeader--> and <!--HTMLFooter--> directives.

I'll have it ready in the next release.  (The internal variables
will remain $HTMLHeaderFmt and $HTMLFooterFmt, but the directives
will be either.)