[pmwiki-users] Bibliographies

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Sep 7 20:44:25 CDT 2006

On Friday, 8 September 2006 12:39 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 11:31:47AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
>> [1] this was why I thought it needed an anchor for each reference,
>>     but if it uses bibtex markup, rather than wiki markup, an anchor
>>     is not needed -- I think it's an open question whether to use
>>     bibtex or wiki markup for the wiki page:
>
>It would be really nice if it used both.

I *think* $Compat1x + a modified compat1x.php may solve this:

- set up $Compat1x['/bibtexmarkuprule'] = 'pmwiki equivalent';

- if the page is in bibtex markup, run the converter left to
  right when the page is displayed in ?action=browse

- if the page is in wiki markup, run the converter right to
  left when the page is ?action=source for export as bib

Would that (a) work (b) be as easy as I think it is?

>>     IMO it's unfortunate that PmWiki uses HTML-centric wording
>>     when the software is (almost) markup-agnistic and can be used
>>     to generate many different flavours of xml from the same wiki
>>     markup. My vote would have been for <!--XMLHeader--> and
>>     <!--XMLFooter-->.  [...]
>
>However, I'll be happy to add <!--XMLHeader--> and <!--XMLFooter-->
>as aliases for the HTML coverup if it makes you feel better.
>:-) :-)

Yes, please.

That would make the wikipublisher xml templates less confusing.
Since the .tmpl files contain no html tags, and the opening line
identifies them as xml documents, it will look odd if they
contain <!--HTMLHeader--> and <!--HTMLFooter--> directives.

--
JR