[pmwiki-users] wikipaths and include changes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 19:46:33 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 05:04:45PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> ... what if instead of
> changing the current way that page variables
> were processed (and thus potentially breaking
> many sites), a new format were introduced,
> called the wikipath, and it used double
> squigly brackets instead of single ones.

At the moment I much prefer the single curly brackets
to double-curlies them, even though double-curlies
would seem to offer a cleaner upgrade path.  But I'm also
looking at the long-term authoring requirements, and in the
trade-off of future authors versus present requirements, I
sometimes fall on the side of making things better for people
in the future even if it means some short-term pain in
the present.

It is, however, a great idea, and I'll keep it in mind as
we go forward.