[pmwiki-users] Workflow alerts (e-mail) based on certain value has changed yes or no

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Sep 2 19:32:13 CDT 2006

Hsing-Foo Wang wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
>>> 1. Person A fills out a form on a wiki page and sets the field status to '1'
>>> 2. An e-mail is send to person B because the field status is '1'
>>> 3. Person B edits the field status and sets it to '2'
>>> 4. An e-mail is send to person A with an alert that field 'status' has changed
>> #2 and #4 seem to be saying something different; #2 says that B receives
>> a response because the status is 1, while #4 says that A receives
>> a response because the status changed.  Is it one or the other or both?

[snip]

> In this case, I want a person to take action within 48hrs after a
> certain value changes (the field 'status' in this case). If he/she
> doesn't, an e-mail should be send out to an e-mail address as an alert
> or 'heads up'.

Maybe you could make the interval every 108 minutes, perhaps add an
ominous timer,* and be a bit more mysterious about the consequences.

(Lame references to the TV series called "Lost").

Pico

* Check out the timer at http://www.enterthecode.com/ I think its your
turn to reset it.