[pmwiki-users] Notebook-NT-Skin - some more tests

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 2 14:13:11 CDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 01:00:46AM +0530, VKrishn wrote:
> I can see some whitespace in first instance of the test. I pasted the same
> code below to repeat and the problem seems to have gone.
> Pls have a look at.
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Notebook-NT-Skin?skin=notebook-nt

The problem will only occur once.  What is happening is that
we have a floating image, and then the [[<<]] markup
creates a <br clear='all' /> that causes the text to skip to
below any floating elements.

Since the left sidebar is a floating element, the clear='all'
attribute is causing the text to jump to the bottom of the left
sidebar content, as opposed to the bottom of the image.  Later
instances of [[<<]] won't show this problem because we've already
skipped past the floating left sidebar.