[pmwiki-users] Cron question (was Newsletter throttling)

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Oct 29 19:27:38 CST 2006

OK!  I have my newsletter functions sketched out, and I'm leaning
towards cron.  I've discovered how to set up an action.  Very simple
question though:

How do you write news.php so when cron calls the file it executes
code.  Something like this, with direct commands?  Or do I have to put
it in a web page and call the php. Or something else entirely.  First
time I've ever done anything in php outside of pmwiki, and first time
in cron.

<?php
$var = "";
DoStep("1");