[pmwiki-users] recursive PageLists: using a pagelist in a pagelisttemplate?

Wouter Groeneveld jefklak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:11:19 CDT 2006

Quick overview of the problem:

I have SideBar with two pagelists:
- recent articles
- recent blog entries
Nothing special about them, just default things sorted by date.

Now, in an index page, I have a couple of pagelists which use a
LocalTemplate called #games
-- this template executes another pagelist! like this:

**[[#games]]
(:if ! equal {=$Group} {<$Group}:)

:[[{=$Group}/]] /:
(:if:)
(:if ! instr - {=$Name} :)
-> [[{=$Group}/{=$Name}|{=$Namespaced]] link
(:pagelist name=Subarticle.{=$Name}-* list=normal fmt=#subgames:)
(:if:)
[[#gamesend]]

[[#subgames]]
-->[[{=$Group}/{=$Name}|{=$Title}]]
[[#subgamesend]]

Okay, so far so good. This should create the result:

       Foo link
             subarticle Foo
             subarticle two Foo
       Bar link
             subarticle Bar

where Foo and Bar are pages in a certain Group (whatever), and
subarticle Foo, subarticle two Foo are called Foo-[name of subarticle] which
are in Gruop Subarticle.

Eerything works fine, except when I go to that page. My SideBar pagelists
refuse to work!
instead of getting a list of recent articles, I get
"PageListTemplates#defaultPageListTemplates#defaultPageListTemplates#default......."
What the hell?

The articles links and subarticles are displayed correctly.
I had to remove the subarticle pagelist in #games but now I can't list
subarticles in order, just below every article!

Help?
Thanks a lot !

-- Jefklak
Wouter