[pmwiki-users] Couple of questions...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 25 10:39:51 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 08:16:31AM -0700, Nicholas Buttle wrote:
> As an experience I have to say that PMWiki is about
> the best I've tried so far...

Thanks!

> Couple of queries to the group...
>
> If I want to change the text size on all pages to be
> something like the Wikipedia text size...ie smaller is
> there an easy site wide way of doing this?

Sure!  The easiest way is to use a site-wide .css file in
pub/css/local.css.  For example, to set the text size smaller
for the entire page, you could place the following in pub/css/local.css:

    body { font-size:10pt; }

> Can I set a background image for the sidebar? footer?
> header?

This depends on the skin you're using.  For the 'pmwiki' (default)
skin, the pub/css/local.css file would contain one or more of

    /* SideBar */
    #wikileft { background-image: url(http://.../bgimage.jpg); }

    /* footer */
    #wikifoot { background-image: url(http://.../bgimage.jpg); }

    /* header */
    #wikihead { background-image: url(http://.../bgimage.jpg); }

Replace the http://.../bgimage.jpg in each of the above with the
actual url to the background image you wish to use.

Hope this helps!