[pmwiki-users] Couple of questions...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Oct 25 10:29:20 CDT 2006

On 10/25/06, Nicholas Buttle <nicholas_buttle at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As an experience I have to say that PMWiki is about
> the best I've tried so far...

The more you get to know it, the more you will love it!  Definitely tops!

> Couple of queries to the group...
>
> If I want to change the text size on all pages to be
> something like the Wikipedia text size...ie smaller is
> there an easy site wide way of doing this?

Depending on the skin you are using you should have a css file that
controls these kind of things.  Just modify that.  Someone better with
styles could fill in the specifics, but you might try adding a line
like the following somewhere in the body { } section.

font-size: 120%;  //or whatever number you want.

> Can I set a background image for the sidebar? footer?
> header?

There are probably several ways to do this.  If you just want to
insert a picture into a page (sidebars and footers are themselves
pages) you can easily attach a picture using the attach command in
pmwiki, or just put your picture in the pub directory and add a url to
the page.  It should pop up.

But that's not the same as setting a background image for the whole
sidebar/footer.  To do that you will probably need to either modifying
the skin, or the css.  It's probably something like adding
background-image: your url;   to the #sidebar { }  or #footer { }
sections.

Unfortunately others will have to chime in to give you the exact
details, as I'm not great with css. Or you can do a bit of reading up
on css if you are in a hurry.

Cheers,
Caveman