[pmwiki-users] ZAP nearly ready...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Oct 22 12:27:52 CDT 2006

After several weeks of intensive work and a good number of
breakthroughs, ZAP is nearing its official release.  A stripped down
"lite" version will also be available. A couple quick questions
though...

1) If I'm using PageUpdate for all file changes, do I need to worry
about using htmlspecialchars?  My assumptions is PmWiki takes care of
all that for me.

2) I have these lines in my code, yet I'm still getting slashes.  Any
suggestions?

	foreach ($_POST as $field => $value) {
			if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) $_POST[$field] = stripslashes($value);

3) I'd like to start adding some VERY simple calculating capabilities
in ZAP, and was wondering if there was a way to take a post value like
"+ 7" and in a form and execute something like $x = $x + 7; in the
recipe.  Some way to execute php commands contained in a string.
Either limited to basic math (preferably) or not limited (more power,
more risks...).

The new ZAP should work nicely with old FAST Data files, though I
recommend renaming the files to get rid of the prefix to the group.
In the new version all data will be saved on the page itself (visible
only in edit mode) and in the proper format for text vars.  Makes
possible some really nifty things.

Cheers,
Caveman