[pmwiki-users] RE : Re: search crash

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 16 11:45:53 CDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 06:37:08PM +0200, Olivier Citeau wrote:
>    Ok Patrick, I have just set $EnableDiag = 1
>    memory_limit is set to 16M.
>
>    I can activate php5, but this would lower memory_limit to 8M (this is set
>    by "free.fr" company, I cannot do anything about that)

Oh yes, the problem may also be that your site is running "FastCGI",
which has also been known to cause some problems for PmWiki.

When this sort of thing happens, it's a "random error" in the sense
that it's repeatable but that the error has nothing to do with the
actual file that reports back the problem.  Some sort of internal
memory pointer gets corrupted somehow, and causes PHP to report
back an incorrect error message.  (Obviously PmWiki is able
to open the wiki.d/PmWikiFr.NotificationParCourriel page,
otherwise it wouldn't be able to display it normally.)

At any rate, I suspect it's a problem with free.fr's implementation
or configuration of PHP.  Sorry, there's not a whole lot I can do
about that.