[pmwiki-users] Spam, delete, and actions
s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz
Mon Oct 16 04:38:59 CDT 2006
I am having several spam issues that are difficult to deal with with the existing blocklist.
* the 'polite' spammer who replaces a page with "good job" or similar.
* pages being deleted
* pages being replaced by spaces
* pages being replaced or having nonsense strings added, eg "fgdhfgs kfgjit bxcgsfa"
* creating pages with different case, or changing recent changes pages
It seems to me it would be helpful if
* the delete method of removing a page could be disabled, and action=delete provided which
could then be password protected
* i could prevent or password protect replacing the page with spaces
* replacing an entire page with different content could be prevented or password protected
* blocking authors on the blocklist page (rather than in config.php)
is there a means of recovering pages that are delted (perhaps with password protection)
from the wiki rather than having to rename in the filesystem?
any suggestions would be most welcome
More information about the pmwiki-users