[pmwiki-users] stable article versions

Florian Fischer Flori-Fischer at gmx.net
Wed Oct 11 04:28:40 CDT 2006

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:46:10 -0400
Von: Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com>
An: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
Betreff: Re: stable article versions

> Florian Fischer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i´m using pmwiki for developing some kind of encyclopedia. Since it
> > is used for a university we will have to establish some kind of
> > quality-management. We are planning to introduce some kind of stable
> > article versions. I know this can be easiliy done by setting an edit
> > password. It would be great ot offer a user the opportunity to
> > propose changes of an edit protected page without affecting the
> > article itself. Only if the admin prooves this article the originally
> > edit protected article can be changed. Does anybody have an idea of
> > how to establish such a system?
> >
> There is a (currently) little-documented feature in PmWiki called Drafts
> which allows for this. You must set $EnableDrafts=1; in your
> local/config.php page to activate the feature. From then on the page
> editing controls grow some extra buttons so that a draft version of a
> page can be saved (with a distinguished name -- usually by adding
> '-Draft' to the end of the page name, but its configurable), further
> edited and later published with a 'publish' button that updates the
> official version of the page.
>
> It should, in principal, be easy to add some lines to the config.php
> file which modifies the look of the buttons and what authorization
> conditions they appear under. The intent would be that users with normal
> edit privileges would only have access to the buttons that create new
> draft versions of pages, and that the moderators would be informed
> whenever that happened. The moderators would have access to the
> 'Publish' buttons and could turn a draft into a final article.
>
> The reason this is currently (mostly) undocumented is that we're still
> debating the exact wording on the buttons under different conditions,
> what the various use-cases for the Drafts feature would be, and what the
> most common configurations are likely to be.
>
> As far as I know, no one is yet using the Drafts feature in the way
> described above, so you would be breaking new ground if you went this
> way, but there would be active assistance from the list in getting it
> working. I, for one, volunteer to help out if needed, as I have plans
> for implementing a couple of administrative websites of my own that
> could make good use of this.

Hello,

thanks for your offer to help me, i'll try to implement the draft-feature on my site. If there are problems i'll ask for help. It would be really great if we were able to include this feature in order to promote our system. Since it is about law contents there is a great need for quality management and this would be a perfect step towards it.

Regards,

Florian
--
Hello,

i just implemented drafts and it works really fine. There's only one thing which is not working. It yet doesn't work with sectionedit. Trying to edit a section of an article, "save draft" doesn't work. What could be done to make it work?

Regards

Florian
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl