[pmwiki-users] Problem in searches in 2.1.5

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Oct 7 12:27:31 CDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 09:30:53AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
> > Perhaps we should come up with an attribute or markup that
> > indicates "don't put this page in the pageindex".
>
> I'd prefer to mark a page as "index is stale for this page" or whatever
> is needed to make PmWiki reindex it before searching it.

Hmm, that doesn't quite work.  The whole purpose of the pageindex
is to give us a way to avoid reading page files -- but if we have to
then check the pages for a "stale" flag, we've lost the advantage
of the pageindex.

We could potentially put the stale marker outside of the page file --
for example, having a ".stalepages" file or separate files named
"Group.PageName.stale" that indicate stale pages ... but somehow
this seems overly hackish to me.