[pmwiki-users] RFC -- POP3 to PmWiki

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Oct 5 06:42:46 CDT 2006

Crisses schrieb:
> I don't want to require the start/end tags.  That would have to be
> optional.  Sometimes I just want the whole body of the message AND I
> don't want to have to go back and re-edit, or explain to other users
> that *I* have the magical ability to do this and haven't passed it along
> to them. nya!

That would be one use case. I.e. an announcements page, possibly with
rules what parts of the message (which sections of which headers, and in
case of multi-part messages: which parts) should be included.

The other use case would be a note scribbled down on some laptop, fired
off to a wiki page so the idea isn't lost, for later editing either by
the author or by others. For that, a simple text extract is easy enough.

Actually even that isn't simple. Decoding mail has to deal with all
kinds of packaging, and (worse) exceptions.
The bad thing is that the PHP extensions that do this kind of decoding
are in optional libraries that are probably not available everywhere.

Regards,
Jo