[pmwiki-users] Request input on soon-coming FAST Data release

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Oct 4 17:12:40 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
> Could someone perhaps find a more definitive answer for this
> question?  My task list is a bit full at the moment... :-|

Sorry, my task list is overstuffed, too.
Actually I avoid by-reference arguments anyway. They tend to create all
kinds of aliasing bugs, and that can get very, very messy and very, very
quickly.

A quick check whether arrays are copied on write would be a loop with
something like this:
   $a = array ($a, $a);
This creates two copies of $a on every step; if arrays are copied,
memory usage should double at each step and hit the 8MB RAM limit very
quickly, if they are copied on write, it should not be able to fill memory.

Regards,
Jo