[pmwiki-users] Mailling list Reply-To:

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed Oct 4 05:28:00 CDT 2006

Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> > The problem is that others don't see the answers to your posts if
> > they are sent only to you.
> >
> > And not everybody hits "reply to all" - I usually send replies
> > _only_ to the list (if I don't forget it).
>
> Me too.
> The real problem, I think, is that common mail readers aren't able to
> highlight threads that contain posts by me. In that regard,

40tude Dialog seems to be rather clever/robust but the real problem
is that many broken mail clients don't set the References: and In-

> current-day software is a remarkable step back in power; over a decade
> ago, the Fidonet mail program could do exactly that.

Ha. _People_ are too stupid/lazy/whatever to set up a news client
correctly these days, you won't find many being able to set up a Fido
client correctly (SCNR). I stopped my Fido node many years ago...

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen