[pmwiki-users] Find out password for one page

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 2 14:53:19 CDT 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 3:36 PM, Mike wrote:

> It would already be helpful if either
> * there way a way in AuthUser to see at least the users who have
> certain
> rights on certain pages, or if
> * the whole password mechanism moved from action=attr to some
> administrator-only config file. Similarly to how we can set default
> passwords in the config.php, maybe we can also set passwords for
> page/group/site (differentiated by read/edit/upload/attr)?
>
> Would be great. Where is the whole password stuff stored anyway?

Out of the box?  In the page data behind the scenes or in the
config.php file.

Options exist for PmWiki to use .htpasswd, MySQL/PostgreSQL, LDAP, etc.

More options are coming.

But in most methods the original password is no longer available.
It's more secure that way.  The password is encrypted when you encode
it.

In the config.php method, which is only reliable for site-wide
passwords, it can be left plaintext.

Crisses