[pmwiki-users] Making images light up

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Nov 21 14:15:05 CST 2006

I'm wondering if someone could give an example of how to make images
light up when a mouse runs over it.  I used to use javascript
rollovers years ago, but understand css has made that kind of
obsolete.

I could find nothing on PmWiki except this:

      http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/HighlightRows

But it makes table rows light up.  And it doesn't explain how it does
it!  So if anyone has a little script I could use I'd appreciate it.
Note, I might settle/prefer making the background of a table cell
light up and keep the image a transparent gif. It's for a splash
screen I'm designing.

Cheers,
Caveman