[pmwiki-users] Recipes version identification

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 13 13:08:11 CST 2006

On 11/13/06, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> On 11/13/06, Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX <admin at obutex.com> wrote:
> > How can I identify installed cookbook recipes version ?
> >
> > - PmWiki can be identified by {$Version}
> > - ZAP version  using {$ZAPversion} ... which module, Caveman ?
> > - what about the others ?
>
> The variable $ZAPversion is for the main ZAPdata recipe.  Each of the
> modules has a similar variable, ie $ZAPcartversion, $ZAPmailversion,
> etc.  The ZAPdata cookbook recipe has the latest release dates for
> each one.
>
> > Would be nice to have some directive which checks local config.php for
> > included once .. Cookbook/*.php
> > and returns back the list of their versions (if found).
>
> I suspect you would have to set up a standard page variable and then
> rewrite all the recipes to set that variable to make this work...

Recently a standard was established for doing this.

  On 10/27/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
  > [...] I noted in
  > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/34702
  > that it would be good for recipe authors to start adding lines like
  >
  >     $RecipeInfo['RecipeName]['Version'] = '20061025';
  >
  > to recipes, so that we have a standard mechanism for recipe
  > checking.  Then I'll implement a module that a site can use
  > to check installed recipes against the latest versions on
  > pmwiki.org.

So if you switch to

   $RecipeInfo['ZAP']['Version'] = '...';
   $RecipeInfo['ZAPdata']['Version'] = '...';
   $RecipeInfo['ZAPcart']['Version'] = '...';
   $RecipeInfo['ZAPforum']['Version'] = '...';

and use page names like Cookbook/ZAP, Cookbook/ZAPdata, etc. on
pmwiki.org, then your recipes will be compatible with the forthcoming
version-checking module.

Hagan