[pmwiki-users] AuthUser & FAST Membership - future?

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Mon Nov 13 01:24:15 CST 2006

Probably a question for PM, but many will be interested.

I'm using AuthUser with the FAST Membership recipe and it has been
working well.  However, we have just passed 300 users and the admin
side of things is becoming a bit unwieldy.

I'm looking at ways of improving the situation and also how to
automatically grant group membership to new users on the basis of some
script logic.  This would ideally then be powered by the PayPal
"Instant Payment Notification" (IPN) process.

It strikes me that using a third party shopping cart is perhaps the
best bet to easily and reliably manager users on the basis of payment,
but that would then require the automated updating of the PmWiki
authorities.

So to my question.  There has been mention of a core implementation
(or at least a PM-authored recipe) that would supersede FAST
Membership in some or all ways.  What is the future of this area?

Also, does anyone have any firsthand experience of driving PmWiki
authority from PayPal IPN?

--
Allister