[pmwiki-users] Help please was Re: Language: PmWiki group configuration for dummies - II

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Nov 12 12:28:28 CST 2006

Sunday, November 12, 2006, 6:14:24 PM, Donald wrote:

> Thanks Crisses, The basic question is, I think, whether the whole i18n
> folder - or relevant files for the language(s) one needs - go directly into
> the wikilib.d folder. Apparently at least some of them do? But if I want the
> luxury of all languages, then that is a lot of files.

> Originally I thought that the i18 folder as such would be accessed and
> recognized. I unpacked
> i18n.tgz<http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki/i18n.tgz>on my computer
> and did not attempt to do that on the server (not even sure
> you can unpack via FTP). I'm obviously missing a couple of things here.

If you just need French language support, and want the French
documentation pages, unpack the i18n.tgz on your local machine, move
all files with PmWikiFr.* into wikilib.d, and upload those.
No need to upload all pages for all languages.
then add to your config.php:

    XLPage('fr','PmWikiFr.XLPage');

which will translate all or many of the English words in the system to
French. Ther eshould also be  a XLCookbookPage for French, which helps
with terms used in recipes and skins.

you may need to change the locale as well, to change time display for
instance. But it may have been already achieved with some entries on
the PmWikiFr.XLPage. Maybe the following page says a bit more?

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiFr/Internationalizations

Hans