[pmwiki-users] CondAuth & core request

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Nov 8 06:07:10 CST 2006

Someone using ZAP without AuthUser reports this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function CondAuth() in
C:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\pmwiki\cookbook\zap.php on line 28"

I assume it is because CondAuth() is only defined in AuthUser.  I'm
curious how page authentication takes place in a site without
AuthUser, or is this some other problem?

Is it possible this function could somehow be moved into core, in such
a way that if AuthUser were not enabled, it would just do password
checking, and if it were enabled, it would do exactly what it does
now.  It seems that is how it should work anyway...  Maybe I'm using
the wrong function, or the user has a different bug going on.  Don't
know.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Caveman