[pmwiki-users] advanced search page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 31 08:36:25 CDT 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 02:04:52AM -0000, akille.24444274 at bloglines.com wrote:
> I'd like to create an advanced search page for the wiki I'm working
> on. This is an example of the sort of page I'd like:
>
>     Search entire site
>       (:searchbox:)
>     Search entries
>       (:searchbox link=Category.Entries:)
>     Search tags
>       (:searchbox group=Tags:)
>
>     (:searchresults:)
>
> The problem
> is when I use the above formatting, the keyword(s) I search is filled into
> all of the search boxes. It's visually confusing, although the search results
> appear to be accurate. How do I keep the searched keyword(s) from showing
> up in all of the searchboxes? Has anyone else created an advanced search page
> like this for their wiki?

Add value='' to each of the (:searchbox:) entries.  (The value parameter sets
the default value for the searchbox).  Thus:

    Search entire site
      (:searchbox value='':)
    Search entries
      (:searchbox link=Category.Entries value='':)
    Search tags
      (:searchbox group=Tags value='':)

    (:searchresults:)

> Also, is there a way to search only page titles?
> I couldn't find any pagelist markup for this.

At the moment there's not a way to search titles only.