[pmwiki-users] advanced search page

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Wed May 31 06:09:41 CDT 2006

akille.24444274 at bloglines.com wrote:
[snip]
> I'd like to create an advanced search page for the wiki I'm working
> on. This is an example of the sort of page I'd like:
>
> Search entire site
> (:searchbox:)
>
> Search entries
> (:searchbox link=Category.Entries:)
>
> Search tags
> (:searchbox group=Tags:)
>
> (:searchresults:)
>

> The problem
> is when I use the above formatting, the keyword(s) I search is filled into
> all of the search boxes. It's visually confusing, although the search results
> appear to be accurate. How do I keep the searched keyword(s) from showing
> up in all of the searchboxes? Has anyone else created an advanced search page
> like this for their wiki?

If you leave off the (:searchresults:) directive, the various
searchboxes won't be filled in.  When you run a search, the particular
searchbox that you used will appear on a reposted page with the same
type of formatting that you would find if you used the standard
searchbox.  While that may not be what you wanted, it will be more
familiar to users, who won't have to deal with different searchboxes
reporting their results in different ways

> Also, is there a way to search only page titles?
> I couldn't find any pagelist markup for this.

I would also be interested in finding a way to limit searches to
specific portions of a page or, in your case, the values stored in a
specific page variable.

Pico