[pmwiki-users] Is it possible to assign various icon to various link styles?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 24 22:17:09 CDT 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 04:22:42PM -0700, Rene Visco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wonder if it's possible to assign a specific icon for each link such as URL
> link, PDF attachment (download), Word documents, etc.  Each link will have
> its own icon.

All of these are "url links".  In the usual case the only thing that
distinguishes one of these links from the others is the "extension"
at the end of the url (e.g., .doc or .pdf).

So, if you're asking if it's possible to change the rendering of links
based on the extension at the end -- we could see about adding
a capability such as that.  But it could rapidly add complexity -- we
already allow custom renderings for http:, https:, Attach:, etc.,
this would change the current M formats (based on link scheme)
into M times N formats (based on link scheme *and* url extension).