[pmwiki-users] Can't access wikilib.d/ from wiki field

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 23 17:51:11 CDT 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 06:44:08PM -0400, Scott Connard wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> I wrote in about this problem once before and thought I had the
> answer to it, but I didn't.  Now I have more of an answer, but I DO
> think you have a bug.
>
> I have a simple farm set up.  When I am in the host wiki I can access
> the PmWiki documentation in wikilib.d/ just fine.  However, when I am
> in a field wiki, I cannot get to the PmWiki documentation.  All other
> aspects of the farm are working fine so I think I have all of my
> variables, directories and permissions set correctly.
>
> The Apache log shows about 16 redirects (all for my original
> pagename) occurring when I go after one of the PmWiki documentation
> pages.  I investigated pmwiki.php (although I do not code php) and
> noticed redirect processing in ResolvePageName() along with some code
> for an undocumented variable $EnableFixedUrlRedirect.  I discoverd
> that if I set $EnableFixedUrlRedirect = 0; in my farmconfig.php,
> everything works as expected.
>
> Now I can live with that kludge fix, but it seems to me that you've
> got a problem and some odd extra code.
>
> I am running 2.1.5.

2.1.7 (released tonight/tomorrow) will change the handling of
redirects slightly, but you still shouldn't have seen this
particular behavior.  Is there a url that I could look at so
I could see it happening myself?  I suspect an Apache configuration
issue somewhere, but would like to make sure before I issue the next
release.

Thanks!