[pmwiki-users] Can't access wikilib.d/ from wiki field

Scott Connard connard at dsg-inc.com
Tue May 23 17:44:08 CDT 2006

Patrick,

I wrote in about this problem once before and thought I had the
answer to it, but I didn't.  Now I have more of an answer, but I DO
think you have a bug.

I have a simple farm set up.  When I am in the host wiki I can access
the PmWiki documentation in wikilib.d/ just fine.  However, when I am
in a field wiki, I cannot get to the PmWiki documentation.  All other
aspects of the farm are working fine so I think I have all of my
variables, directories and permissions set correctly.

The Apache log shows about 16 redirects (all for my original
pagename) occurring when I go after one of the PmWiki documentation
pages.  I investigated pmwiki.php (although I do not code php) and
noticed redirect processing in ResolvePageName() along with some code
for an undocumented variable $EnableFixedUrlRedirect.  I discoverd
that if I set $EnableFixedUrlRedirect = 0; in my farmconfig.php,
everything works as expected.

Now I can live with that kludge fix, but it seems to me that you've
got a problem and some odd extra code.

I am running 2.1.5.

Scott Connard.